Thauvin states why he left Newcastle to join Marseille

Informações sobre o receptor Premium Box 3000

Thauvin states why he left Newcastle to join Marseille

Mensagempor chanoudom » 07 Dez 2017, 15:58

Imagem

m.beer777 Florian Thauvin is ripping up Ligue 1 after joining Marseille permanently from Newcastle.

Trickster Florian Thauvin has told UEFA.com that he decided to rejoin Marseille on a permanent basis in the summer from Newcastle United because the Ligue 1 club is his "home".

The 24-year-old formed the figure of an expensive flop at St. James' Park, costing the Toon around £12million to sign him from Marseille in the summer of 2015. Just 16 appearances later, he rejoined Marseille on loan in January 2016.

Remaining at Marseille for the second half of the 2015-16 season, Thauvin was loaned for the entire 2016-17 campaign and rejoined the Ligue 1 giants permanently in the summer and is ripping it up in France's top tier. m.beer777

Eight goals and six assists in 16 Ligue 1 matches will be rued by Newcastle fans as they are crying out for a player to exactly that in the black and white of Newcastle, but Thauvin claimed that a move to England "was too early".

"The Premier League is totally different. It's a lot more physical, there's a lot of commitment," Thauvin said. "You have to be ready, you have to go through the body building box before going to play in the Premier League.

"Yes, it was too early. It's a transfer that was done quickly. Normally, we take our time, we think, but for me it's done too quickly (after) the departure of Marcelo Bielsa.

"I was young, I was 22 years old. At 22, you leave your country, you discover a new culture, new language, a new championship, the food is not the same. It's complicated, but they are things that grow."

In all competitions, Thauvin has scored nine goals this season, as well as adding the same amount in assists during 23 league and cup outings and will be hoping to further increase his tally on Thursday night.

The former Lille ace goes up against RedBull Salzburg for a place in the last 32 of the Europa League, and will be tasked with providing the French side's creativity in the final third.
m.beer777
chanoudom

Voltar para Premium Box 3000